As the Survey Technician, you will centralize storage of current survey information and provide a medium to make this available to Airport staff and contractors. Under general supervision of the Survey Manager, uses manual and automated land survey, drafting and graphics systems to compile survey data and prepare boundary surveys, topographic surveys, maps, and exhibits in support of professional and technical staff.
What you will be doing:
• Analyze and review data gathered by field survey parties to ensure accuracy and completeness of survey information.
• Use survey data to generate coordinate files used to calculate boundary lines, right-of-way, topographical features, and metes and bounds descriptions.
• Assist Land Surveyor in calculating, researching, and analyzing properties to write legal descriptions used in describing land conveyance, leases, and easements.
• Use Survey software such as Inroads Survey, Carlson Survey, and Leica Geosystems for conversion of field data into CADD file format.
• Use CADD/CAM systems, PC-based software, and manual drafting techniques to prepare detailed survey maps or plats.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
• Three (3) years of land survey experience, OR
• Two (2) years of CADD/CAM experience.
• Possession of a valid class C driver's license.
• Surveyor-In-Training candidate in the State of Texas.
• Experience in the operation of AutoCAD and MicroStation CADD systems.
• Experience with Global Positioning System (GPS) data collection and data processing.
• Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) data collection and processing.
• Experience with High-Definition Scanning (HDS) systems.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.