Are you upbeat, optimistic, enjoy developing lasting relationships while leading a team? The DFW Airport IT department is looking for a Project Manager that has experience managing working relationships with fellow talented and technical employees, and vendors. Your experience drafting project justifications, evaluating proposals and making recommendations will be invaluable in this role.
What you will be doing:
• Creates and executes project plans, identifies dependencies, mitigates risk, and resolves project issues in a timely fashion.
• Manages stakeholder and internal project team expectations and communication flow as they relate to scope, project deliverables and responsibilities.
• Accurately anticipates and catches deviations early on to assess their impact to the schedule and to keep stakeholders informed.
• Organizes activities into manageable work packages. Facilitates team members by determining an effective approach to completing the work.
• Effectively leads and motivates project teams through the tasks of developing and executing project objectives.
• Monitors scope change requests and conduct change impact analysis to assess the potential implications encountered during the life of the project.
• Manages vendor relationships and sets proper expectations on project deliverables, resource requirements, and quality for the implementation and delivery of commercial software products, as assigned.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field.
• Seven (7) years of experience in an Information Technology (IT) project manager role with an emphasis on managing projects in a PMO office by aligning business requirements with IT solutions.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing cross organizational business process flows.
• Knowledge of SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, and Iterative development.
• PMP® Certification is desirable.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization (i.e., Project Managers, Developers, and other technical and business staff).
• Certification in project management (PMP) and/or business analysis (CBAP) a plus.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.