As a Wastewater Systems Technician you will be a part of a highly skilled, and efficient team that uses state of the art equipment and tools to operate, maintain, repair, and service DFW Airport’s sewage pipelines. In this role you will also work on the pre-treatment plant, sanitary sewer collection, and industrial waste collection all contributing to the overall operational excellence of the airport.
What you will be doing:
- Installing, repairing and replacing water and sewer mains; joins and caulks pipe; repairing valves and hydrants; drilling and installing taps.
- Excavating and backfilling trenches and culverts using backhoe and hand tools.
- Operating vacuum truck to remove debris from storm sewer system.
- Inspecting and cleaning manholes; manually removing line clogging debris; repairing or replacing manhole covers; raising and lowering covers to proper grade.
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of water systems.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class B Commercial driver’s license, or the ability to obtain within 1 year.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and repair of water systems.
- Knowledge of the principles and operating characteristics of pumps, motors, motor controls and monitoring equipment.
- Ability to detect, diagnose and correct defects and malfunctions in the water distribution systems, and equipment and instruments associated with water systems.
- Willingness to work in confined spaces and (potential) hazardous environments that include utility tunnels, lift stations, valve/metering vaults, manholes, and trench excavations.
- This is a DOT-designated and Airport-designated safety sensitive position as defined in DFW Airport’s Drug and Alcohol Administrative Policy and Procedure. Applicants selected for this position will be required to pass drug and alcohol tests prior to employment and to submit to drug and alcohol screening on a random basis during the length of their employment in the safety sensitive position.
- Possession of a Class C Water Works or Class I Wastewater Collection System operator certificate as issued by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) or the ability to obtain within 1 year of employment.
- Must possess a good private driving record: (a) no more than two (2) convictions of moving violations in the last 36 months and (b) no DWI convictions in the last 60 months
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.