Our Grounds Crew members are part of an elite team that ensures that DFW International Airport is in pristine condition for our over 70 million customers. We take pride in ensuring the Airport’s over 4,000 acres of airfield, developed, and raw land are maintained to the highest conditions year-round.
What you will be doing:
- Keep grounds, Aircraft Operations Area and parking lots free of litter and debris.
- Use power equipment such as mowers, tractors, tillers, dump trucks, backhoes, trailers, pressure washers and forklifts to maintain and install landscapes.
- Assist with weather preparations and de-icing operations by operating foul weather sand spreaders and de-ice tank sprayers.
- Operate powered equipment including weed eater, edger, blower, tiller, hedge trimmer, chain saw and air compressor.
- Use manual tools including shovels, axes, rakes, hoes, spreaders and pruning equipment.
- Install, water, mulch, maintain, fertilize and weed turf, trees, shrubs, ground cover and other plants; including mowing, pruning and landscape construction.
- Assist in spraying of herbicides using hand and powered spray equipment.
What you need:
- Education less than that required for completion of high school curriculum.
- One (1) year experience in construction, landscaping, grounds keeping, mowing or related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to operate one or more of the following: 72" riding mower, slope mower, tractor with batwing, flail, tiller and bush hog attachments, 2 1/2 and 5 ton dump trucks, rubber tire front-end loader, backhoe, small sweeper, pressure washer, water trailer, tree spade, brush chipper, 4-wheel all-terrain vehicle, forklift and all foul weather sand spreaders and de-ice tank sprayers.
- Possession of a valid Class B Commercial driver's license with air-brake certification or ability to obtain one within a designated probation period.
What we desire:
- Ability to operate a variety of powered and mobile equipment to maintain grounds and airfield areas.
- Ability to operate manual and powered tools and equipment to plant and maintain turf, trees, shrubs, ground cover and other plants.
- Willing to work occasional nights and weekend hours.
- Must have a good private driving record: (a) no more than two (2) convictions of moving violations in the last 36 months and (b) no DWI convictions in the last 60 months.
- This is DOT-designated and Airport-designated safety sensitive position as defined in DFW Airport’s Drug and Alcohol Administrative Policy and Procedure. Applicants selected for this position will be required to pass drug and alcohol tests prior to employment and to submit to drug and alcohol screening on a random basis during the length of their employment in the safety sensitive position.
- Must pass a medical physical examination prior to employment.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.