As the Assistant Vice President of Procurement and Materials Management, you will manage the procurement and contracting functions for all operations, information technology, supplemental staffing, capital acquisition, design, construction, concessions, goods, general and professional services for DFW Airport. You will follow state procurement laws and Airport policies to insure legal and ethical procurement practices are in place. Under general direction of the Vice President, Procurement and Materials Management you will manage, plan, organize, supervise, and administer programs of centralized purchasing, contract solicitation, administration and payments, warehousing, surplus property, and mail services.
What you will be doing:
• Review and approve purchasing; warehousing and contracting activities for compliance with Board policy and legal requirements; develops and monitors repots to track departmental effectiveness and productivity.
• Manage daily procurement operations and budget management to insure effect cost management and support
• Oversee the electronic solicitation processes and procedures to ensure timely solicitations are managed to meet required policies and procurement laws.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to proactively define procurement needs and determine options that meet policy and law requirements.
• Establish key performance indicators for procurement, contracting administrators and warehousing functions.
• Develop reports of departmental activity including annual spend analysis, procurement buying plan, and the measurement of KPIs
• Provide high quality, cost effective, and timely procurement processes to meet the needs of internal and external customers in a complex fast paced high demand environment to ensure procurement needs are met and support a large-scale progressive airport business environment.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, or a related field.
• Seven (7) years of progressive procurement leadership responsibility, with broad purchasing and contracting experience. MBA may substitute for one years of experience.
• Experience with cloud-based procurement systems management operation
• Five (5) years of professional staff management and supervisory experience.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
• Experience implementing and managing and electronic solicitation system to provide accurate and timely solicitations for goods and services.
• Experience with Oracle Fusion information systems.
• Experience participating in and supporting an organizations strategic plan
• Experience supporting a digital strategy for an organization
• Developed and implemented processes to improve employee engagement
• Experience developing and managing vendor relations programs to ensure contract commitments are executed and managed in a collaborative and respectfully manner.
• Experience leading and managing the procurement and contracting functions in a midsize to large not for profit organization or government entity.
• Professional Procurement Certification such as CPPO, CPSM or CPM.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.