Under general direction, provides highly responsible technical support to the Procurement staff including: solicitation and evaluation of bids and proposals; management of the automated supplier database; document and data management of Procurement records utilizing an online repository; acceptance, tracking, and safe-keeping of sealed bids and proposals; and creation and coordination of all PMM Official Board Actions and Board-wide coordination and review of Workforce Composition Forms and Business Disclosure Forms with the Legal Department. Provides administrative assistance in support of the department strategic goals and objectives and performs special projects, as required. Interfaces with other Board staff to resolve discrepancies and provides documentation for Legal, Audit and for Open Records Requests.
What you will be doing:
• Provides assistance in the solicitation process following procurement plans including developing and scheduling legal advertisements; posting solicitation information and uploading documents to the DFW Airport Board website; generating a list of potential suppliers from the Board’s supplier database and external sources from the industry; generating notifications to potential suppliers.
• Provides assistance in the bid acceptance process including receiving and time-stamping bids and proposals; documenting bids and proposals received and storing bids in a safe location until bid opening time; attending public bid openings and documenting the bid opening proceedings.
• Provides assistance in the bid evaluation process including creating complex bid tabulations spreadsheets and entering bidder information and pricing for accurate bid evaluation totals.
• Reviews and enters contract information into the Oracle database, including new contracts, change orders, delivery orders, and contract funding; interfaces with other Board staff to resolve discrepancies.
• Manages all contract documents including proper organization, maintenance, and safekeeping of records; scanning and uploading contract documents into an online repository; provide copies of documents to others as required; properly prepare closed contract files for storage, retention, and eventual destruction.
• Performs data collection and reporting utilizing business intelligence tools from Microsoft, Business Objects, Oracle, or Micro Strategy applications in support of Airport initiatives with timeliness, accuracy, and relevance.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
• College coursework in finance, business, information technology or a related field.
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible purchasing or administrative experience.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
• Oracle or other ERP System experience
• Enterprise Content Management Tool Experience.
• Business Intelligence Knowledge in query writing and dashboard development.
• Knowledge of public purchasing and contract funding procedures and requirements
• Must obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) in accordance with Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1500 et. Al. and DFW Airport’s Airport Security Program within thirty (30) days from date of employment and maintain qualification for a SIDA badge upon each badge renewal.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.